Common Issues Addressed in Therapy
Articles and Creative Writing
by Joan-Dianne Smith
The Fine Print
Making a Referral
Individual and Couple Therapy
For a wide variety of personal and
relationship issues as well as life situations including:
- family background issues impacting current life,
- self-esteem: perfectionist tendencies / self-criticism / anxiety / shame,
- internet addiction / loneliness,
- disordered eating / emotional eating,
- work/life balance issues / stress,
- life transitions / loss / chronic pain,
- fertility issues and related stress,
- parenting special needs children,
- adult children of aging elders / ‘sandwich generation’,
- issues with assertiveness / handling conflict,
- power imbalances in relationships,
- difficulties with intimacy / emotional connection in close relationships.
- workplace challenges,
- goal-setting / problem solving,
- workplace relationships and stress.
- creative methods for individuals unable to participate in the regular office setting whether because of distance, mobility issues or other concerns.
- clinical supervision and consultation to other therapists,
- program design for hospital and community agencies,
- custom designed workshops.
Please call or email to inquire about therapy.
A brief initial telephone consultation is free of charge.